Experience breathtaking views of Howe Sound, an incredible route through the Coast Mountain Range and enough downhill to reward yourself for the climbs - all on an unimpeded dedicated lane width.
"I started racing the Vancouver to Whistler road race in 1978. The road back then was in very rough shape and there were only about 50 of us in the race. It's like a dream to now be able to ride the same route on fresh pavement, and more importantly, in a dedicated lane with thousands of other passionate cyclists. The support stations along the way and the festival atmosphere at the finish made this event very special." - Alex Stieda
Join us on September 7, 2013 and take part in Canada's signature gran fondo.
*All prices are in Canadian dollars and subject to taxes and processing fees.
Expanded list of what your entry fee includes:
- Pre-ride bicycle and lifestyle Expo in Vancouver
- A dedicated lane width for cycling for the entire ride
- Timing chip for all riders. Track your performance on overall ride time and on pre-determined course sections
- Five fully-stocked Rest Stops along the course
- Mechanical support at Rest Stops as well as roving mechanics to offer assistance
- Medical support at Rest Stops as well as roving medics along the course
- Sag wagon support to the finish for all riders unable to continue (we'll pick you up and get you to the finish line)
- Secure bike parking during post-event party
- Complimentary bag check
- A commemorative keepsake to all finishers
- Post-ride meal and entertainment in Whistler
- Ride results posted on the RBC GranFondo Whistler website
Riders 18 and under must have a permission form signed by a parent and/or legal guardian in order to participate. A "Minor Participation Form" should be completed by their parents or legal guardian to authorize participation - contact email@example.com to request a copy.
For those looking to ride the GranFondo among experienced cyclists with the knowledge and experience of riding in a tight peloton. Cyclists who held a UCI licence between 2009 and 2013 will be authorized to stage in a designated area for the start of the event.
How do you get authorized for the designated staging area?
Riders who have held a valid UCI road cycling licence in Category 1 through 4 or Masters between 2009 and 2013 will be granted access into a designated staging area. All riders with such a licence and who want to be staged in this designated area will need to show their licence at Package Pickup to receive identification that will grant access to this designated staging area.
Medio Shuttle Service
NEW this year! All registered Medio riders will receive complimentary passenger and bike transportation from downtown Vancouver to the Medio start in Squamish. Bike drop off location will be during Welcome GranFesta hours at the Vancouver Convention Centre.
Riders also have the option of being shuttled to the start in Squamish either Friday evening (September 6), or Saturday morning (September 7) prior to the GranFondo start.